What is The Planet Mark™?
The Planet Mark™ is an internationally-recognised and trusted sustainability certification programme recognising commitment to continuous improvement in sustainability. It is awarded to businesses, properties, new developments and projects that are committed to reducing their carbon emissions. Its unique 3-step programme develops knowledge and communication skills so as to embed sustainability within organisations.
Each year, we will help you:
Measure your carbon footprint and environmental performance
Engage your employees and suppliers to help drive improvements
Communicate your achievements through our toolkits, promotional materials and marketing channels.
Why choose The Planet Mark™?
• Proven results – latest data (2016) suggests that on average, Planet Mark-certified businesses make a 10% carbon saving per employee year-on-year through reductions in energy, waste, water, travel and procurement.
• Significant Business Benefits – Planet Mark-certified businesses can expect to make cost savings through savings on energy, waste, water, travel and procurement. The programme also increases your competitive advantage through stronger bids and tenders. Find out more here.
• Immediate accreditation – No need to wait 12 months or more to be certified. Because The Planet Mark™ is a commitment to reduce your carbon emissions over a 12-month period, you are certified from the word go
• Low resource – all you need to do is decide what emissions-releasing activities you want to measure, collect the data and we'll do the rest
• Quick results – Certification is renewed on an annual basis to organisations that achieve a minimum 2.5% reduction in carbon dioxide emissions.
• Great value – while we get to work on the data, you'll have access to a host of really useful stuff, including:
our unique online platform to measure and monitor energy, waste, water and travel
our online sustainability toolkits, resources and templates to help embed business sustainability
The Planet Mark™ logos, digital assets and communications materials
our business networks, events and communication touchpoints to facilitate knowledge sharing and new business opportunities.